The House of Shoes is a mainstay of the central Launceston retail precinct, with years of experience in fitting quality European footwear for women. Loved by a strong and loyal customer base, The House of Shoes is looking for an individual that will uphold the iconic store’s reputation of providing exceptional customer service, quality and unique products and a consistent friendly and warm welcome to all.
An integral part of the position will be in providing exceptional customer service in store, retaining product knowledge and utilising and updating the store’s point of sale system (Vend). Experience in Vend is not essential, but a willingness to learn is vital. The customer service role is very hands-on, fitting footwear, offering product advice and recommendations.
A growing area of The House of Shoes is their online store. You will also work alongside the Manager on packaging online orders, answering customer enquiries and keeping the store’s products up to date. This will involve product uploads, basic website updates, product photography and inventory management.
An ordinary day will consist of the following:
- Greeting customers
- Providing customer assistance and advice in fitting shoes and recommending products
- Finalising customer sales
- Promoting the store’s loyalty program to new customers in store
- Data or product entry for website and Vend
- Photographing products for the website
- Opening and closing the store independently
- End of day procedures: closing register, balancing money totals, securing shop and arcade building
- Product merchandising
- Inventory management
To fit within The House of Shoes’ small team, the ideal candidate’s personality will include the following traits:
- Creative and positive mindset
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to manage several people and their individual needs at the same time, calmly and efficiently
- Strong social skills
- Tend towards being pro-active rather than reactive
- Problem solver
In addition, the ideal candidate must hold high value in the importance of customer focused service, be willing to learn new software, be unafraid of working across several online and cloud-based programs, have an interest in fashion and be a natural working across technological devices.
- Strong customer service skills, minimum 2 years experience (Retail or equivalent experience)
- Advanced computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Point-of-Sale systems