The Launceston Chamber of Commerce is committed to providing assistance to our Members and the business community as a whole, during this troubling time.
Through our alliance with the Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (TCCI), Tasmanian Businesses are welcome to call the TCCI Business Hotline on 1300 559 112.
The COVID-19 Small Business Energy Support Grant Program - 01/09/20
One off grant payments of $1,000 are available to eligible businesses who have not been eligible for the COVID-19 electricity, water and/or sewerage wavier available from service providers from 1 April 2020.
The COVID-19 Small Business Energy Support Grant Program will open for applications at 12 noon on 31 August 2020 and remain open until 12 noon on 26 October 2020.
To be eligible for the grant, small businesses must:
- Not received the COVID-19 small business electricity, water and sewerage waiver from their utility provider for the first quarterly bill from 1 April 2020. (Click here to see how your bill may look if you have received the waiver).
- Have greater than one and fewer than 20 Full Time Equivalent Staff (FTEs) as at 12 March 2020.
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) – this ABN must be for the applicant business, have been active on or before 12 March 2020 and continues to be active.
- Be registered for GST.
- Have demonstrated an aggregated annual turnover of under $10 million (excluding GST).
- Have submitted and lodged the most relevant activity Business Activity Statement on time.
In order for an application to be deemed eligible, supporting documentation to demonstrate the eligibility must be provided. If suitable information is not provided, the application will be declined. Examples of evidence include:
- Most recent financial statements and or management accounts.
- Copy of most recently submitted Business Activity Statement.
- Copy of the most recent taxation returns.
- Copy of the property lease agreement if applicable.
- Evidence of payment for metered electricity to property owner/manager.
More information, FAQ and application form here: https://www.business.tas.gov.au/covid-19_business_support_packages/covid-19_small_business_energy_support_grant_program2
Example COVID Emergency Preparation Toolit from Business Tasmania.
Road to Recovery Workbook by Deloitte
Deloitte have put together a workbook for small and medium-sized businesses. The workbook provides support to business owners on the road to recovery.
Safety Plan Resources for Business (13/05/2020)
Following from the Premier's Announcement on Friday May 8 relating to the easing of restrictions, the State Government's Coronavirus Portal now provides guidance and should assist organisations and businesses in developing their COVID-19 Safety Plans. Please click here to access the relevant pages on the Portal
Worksafe Tasmania are providing checklists, guidelines and templates to assist with the development and implementation of plans. Please click here to access the Worksafe Tasmania Resources.
If you can't find what you need, additional information can be sought by calling the Business Tasmania Hotline on 1800 440 0266
A Fact Sheet on COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plans is available for download here.
Platinum Chamber Members Synectic Accountants & Advisers and Gold Chamber Member Ruddicks Chartered Accountants have both developed COVID-19 information portals that may provide information you can't find here.
Jobkeeper Payment - Latest Fact Sheets (14/04/20)
For General COVID-19 Advice you can contact Business Tasmania
T: 1800 440 026
E: [email protected]
Department of State Growth Emergency COVID-19 Form
Register the impact of COVID-19 on your business. Please click here
Public Health Hotline
If you think you might have COVID-19 because you have a fever and respirato-ry symptoms AND have travelled over-seas or had contact with someone known to have COVID-19 call 1800 671 738
T: 1300 880 634
The State Government's Coronavirus Portal
The Federal Government's Essential Information Portal
Support for Business from Business.gov.au
Youth Employment Scheme or Payroll Tax Waiver Information
Please contact the State Revenue Office
T: 6166 4400
E: [email protected]
Aurora Support & Assistance
Small Business Emergency Support Grant
More Online Resources
- Support and Stimulus Packages for Business — State Government
- Support for Business Federal Government
- Border Restrictions Exemptions
- Border Restrictions Fly-in-Fly-Out Workers
- Border Restrictions/Quarantine for Essential Travellers
- Border Restrictions Exemptions (Business)
- Border Restrictions— ‘other’ including Specialist Skills, Transport & Freight
- Non Essential Indoor Gatherings
- COVID-19 Self Assessment Tool
- Digital Ready Resources for Business
- Fact Sheet: Protecting yourself
- Fact Sheet: Hand Washing Procedure
- Information for Short Term Accommodation Providers
- COVID-19 and Worker’s Compensation
- Guide to Social Distancing
- Self Isolation for People Who Are Not Sick
Please Note: These links were accessible at the time of publishing.